[governance] Workshop on IGF improvements

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Thu Apr 14 10:04:38 EDT 2011

If I may, no surprise, beg to differ:

a workshop with a sharper edge, using the Indian proposal to frame a point/counterpoint discussion on IGF improvements, would be more interesting than a bland 'let's discuss IGF improvements' workshop.

Taking the Indian proposal seriously since it is the only serious proposal on the table we might actually gain - now I'm truly shocked  - consensus on the IGF somehow improving.

Stranger things have happened.

 Following a workshop discussion for and against, throwing out alternatives and critiquing the Indian effort, which could be dead and buried by the end of the session.    Or not.

My 2 cents

Lee