[governance] Proposed workshop text on CSTD and/or Indian proposal

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Apr 8 08:47:31 EDT 2011

At 4:21 PM +0530 4/8/11, parminder wrote:
>On Friday 08 April 2011 04:10 PM, Lee W McKnight wrote:
>
>>I view it as the other way around, discussing a
>>concrete proposal for a way forward is main
>>thing.
>>
>>Deconstructing CSTD to me sounds like a GIGANET
>>topic actually; since history of IG failures is
>>mainly of - academic interest.
>>

>Agree completely.

I do too.  I think India's proposal's good.  And
if there hasn't been progress with the CSTD then
I'm sure it can be reviewed/championed in the
taking stock/way forward session.

There is one issue in India's proposal I think
could be looked at: Enhanced Cooperation.  Says
it's important, should be operationalized, etc.
But it doesn't define it.  A workshop "Defining
Enhanced Cooperation" might be useful.  I'm
certainly not clear what it means.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org