[governance] "Mapping Internet Governance" workshop (was Re: Proposed...)

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Apr 8 05:29:50 EDT 2011

In message <20110408085431.DAE0E15C0F9 at quill.bollow.ch>, at 10:54:31 on
Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> writes
>  This workshop will explore where and how Internet Governance decisions
>  are currently taken. What are the relevant fora and decision-making
>  bodies? In what topic areas do they make decisions and with what
>  kinds of impacts?

There are lots of "maps of the ecosystem" in circulation, but there's no
harm in making another. What will be the cause of some debate, I think,
is deciding what issues are in fact "Internet Governance". Once you've
done that, slotting players into a map is fairly easy.

Would you, for example, include the Council of Europe on account of the
Budapest Convention which has impacts upon network operators to be
slightly more "law enforcement friendly" than otherwise?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org