[governance] Proposed workshop text on CSTD and/or Indian proposal

Miguel Alcaine miguel.alcaine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:07:27 EDT 2011

Dear All,

I believe the three ideas (two proposed by Jeremy and the one proposed by
McTim) are important.

*Reflection on the Indian proposal towards an IGF 2.0*
This kind of work will allow to pave the way towards real improvement of
IGF.

*Evaluation of the CSTD WG on Improvements to the IGF*
This is interesting and convenient because the CSTD is the entry point of
IGF into the intergovernmental machinery and an analysis could help to
suggest ways to improve work within the framework of the CSTD.

*Real IG (I would suggest Current IG vis a vis meta IG)*
I believe the group (and many members) around this emailing list, as I have
said before, has the capacity, expertise and capabilities to work and
influence in what McTim calls real IG, which revolves around settings where
current decisions are taken. A workshop presenting and discussing this issue
will help clarifying the current mapping between foras, bodies, decisions
and impacts, and might help a lot of uninitiated people.

I hope IGC can find resources and partners to take the above ideas for
workshops forward.

Miguel

Disclaimer
My ideas are those of my own and does not represent any position of my
employer or any other institution