[governance] Criterion for charter voting

shaila mistry shailam at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 15:19:58 EDT 2010

Hi All
Establishing eligibility to vote based on whether one has voted the prior
election is in general a good way to acknowledge membership  and also measure
involvement and awareness of of the work of this forum . However I would point
out that I too could not vote one year and was left out of the election the
subsequent occasion, despite  being I am a long standing involved member of this
group .

Perhaps to protect against this we can have an annual acknowledgment of
membership at an agreed time post  for individuals  to weigh in as continuing
members.  For example we could do this 6 months before the election or at the
beginning of the year or some such fixed time .

Sorry for the late post. I am on Pacific time and this is the best opportunity I
have to weigh in
My two cents worth !
It was good to see all of you in Vilnius!
Shaila

Life is too short ....challenge the rules
Forgive quickly ... love truly ...and tenderly
Laugh constantly.....and never stop dreaming!