[governance] a good read

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:59:51 EDT 2010

FYI:

http://www.iisd.org/pdf/2010/icts_internet_sd_new_paradigm.pdf

For those getting tired of the term "Internet Governance" (like me)
please see bottom of page 6:

"The term “Internet governance” has been widely used since the World
Summit on the Information Society to describe not just the technical
management and coordination of the Internet itself (which is sometimes
called “narrow Internet governance”), but also the
relationship between the Internet and mainstream public policy issues
that are affected by it (sometimes called “broad Internet
governance”). Both of these types of issues are discussed,
for example, in the Internet Governance Forum.
IISD believes that the use of the term “Internet governance” for this
wide range of issues is increasingly inappropriate, particularly where
issues fall primarily in other public policy arenas. IISD therefore
prefers to use the term “Internet public policy” for this wider range
of issues"

--
Cheers,

McTim