[governance] Invitation => IG4D

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:30:25 EDT 2010

Dear Vanda:

Thank you for showing interest and support for this suggestion. It would be
great indeed to launch one day not so far in the future a research
consortium network on "IG and Economic Diversity" with hubs in Brazil,
India and Africa (to mention but a few as examples of geographical
distribution), as well as with a couple of global associates such as Bill
and his structure. There is also GigaNet this initiative might link to one
way or the other. I do believe in the intelligence of collaboration
(especially on large-scale issues such as this), and I'm envisioning
something that will not be easily ignored as just another matter
of concern only for the poor. That's why we will need to go beyond advocacy
and to well documented research -- both empirical and theoretical. All who
are willing to contribute the best of their knowledge, experience, expertise
and relevant resources will be welcome, not the least of which are potential
sponsors.

Let's take stock after what will come out of IGF '10.
Best,

Mawaki