AW: [governance] RE: WSIS Forum 2011

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Sun Sep 12 04:27:05 EDT 2010

Hi Lee

On Sep 11, 2010, at 11:31 PM, Lee W McKnight wrote:

> ITU wants to be in NY - and UN HQ staff/diplomats agreed - because ITU wants visibility and UN diplomat types want to learn more about ICTs and development.
>
> Because heads of state/UN ambassadors (finally) realize icts/bband/Internet are important for reaching Millennium Development Goals

Just wondering if you're basing this conclusion on anything in particular?  I'm skeptical that the ITU's move is driven by a thirst for ICT knowledge among the NY-based diplomatic community and heads of state, but I'm open to persuasion…

BTW, speaking of things moving to NY and such, I just stumbled on something that might be of interest,

http://turtlebay.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/09/08/chinas_john_bolton

Best,

     governance at lists.cpsr.org