[governance] What is RPKI and why should you care about it?

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Sep 12 03:12:41 EDT 2010

These are good observations, Karl.
It is good that you see the relevance of these issues. The IGF itself has had a hard time doing that. Note that our workshop is not listed as a feeder into the critical internet resources main session. This is not because routing-addressing are not vital to CIR, but because no one in the MAG was far sighted enough to view these issues as critical. As usual, they will wait until something blows up in their face and it's too late to do anything about it before they officially recognize routing as a major issue.

The term "system" does not necessarily imply the singularity you are asserting. A system is nothing more than a set of interrelated components; one can speak of the "economic system," the "price system" and so on without implying any centralization of authority.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org