[governance] Internet Society event invitation – 29/09/2010

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Sep 10 02:59:04 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

please find enclosed below, an invite from the English Chapter of the
Internet Society. We are organising this event in London at the end of
the month. It includes a free lunch and top class speakers, so I look
forward to see you there!
Kindest regards,

Olivier Crépin-Leblond - ISOC England Lead Team.

--- cut here ---

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to invite you to the upcoming Internet Society (ISOC) event
– INET London
<http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/inet/10/london.shtml> – on
*Wednesday 29^th September* at The Park Lane Hotel in London.
The full agenda is on:
http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/inet/10/london.shtml

The theme of the event is *The Internet revolution: Opportunities,
threats and challenges to your business – ignore it at your peril! *It
is free for your attendance, and we will provide lunch and refreshments.

*Who will be attending? *C-level executives of UK businesses, policy
makers, academics and Internet stakeholders.

* *

The Internet is the primary cornerstone for business and communication
today. In order to continue being a trusted, mission critical platform,
the Internet must be seen and proven to be secure, reliable and private.
We will consider ‘network confidence’, and exactly what this means for
your business, and the future success of the Internet.

As well as keynote presentations on the challenges and opportunities
facing UK businesses; security issues; and the business impact of IPv6,
we will be having two panel discussions.

/ /

Speakers confirmed so far include (among others) *David Smith, Deputy
Information Commissioner; Piotr Cofta, Chief Researcher at BT; William
Dutton, Oxford Internet Institute; Jim Killock, Open Rights Group;
Georgina Prodhan, Reuters; and the day will be moderated by James
Bellini, presenter*.

/ /

INET London is the 11^th in a series of worldwide INET events, from Cape
Town to Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong to Washington, DC, over 18 months.

* *

Please register
<http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/inet/10/london.shtml> your
attendance today and we will be in touch shortly to discuss this
invitation further with you.
(registration is on:
http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/inet/10/london.shtml )

Kind regards,

Claire Mallet (on behalf of The Internet Society)
Claire.Mallet (at) metia.com

--- cut here ---

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD