[governance] Remote participation for IGF 2010: individuals and

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 03:36:25 EDT 2010

Dear Ginger / Jeremy

IRC is OK, but not everyone finds it friendly, for one reason or another.  I
looked for opensource chat software and found one or two that can be
embedded in the IGF website or in a new collaborative portal.

One interesting web application that  I found is phpfreechat which can be
easily integrated into Joomla.  There are other possible options.

I tested it by installing it within my website and this is what it installs
well.

This is a test installation in an available webspace:
http://turiya.co.in/ign/

We can have one chat interface such as this with
multiple, multilingual rooms +  a forum/discussion space, a document editing
interface etc...

Sivasubramanian M