[governance] WSIS Forum 2011, 16 to 20 May Geneva

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Oct 28 10:27:32 EDT 2010

In message <982CDE0C-6142-48D4-B1AF-9FEBCF539AD4 at graduateinstitute.ch>,
at 13:53:18 on Thu, 21 Oct 2010, William Drake
<william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch> writes
>The ICC says "Deliberations start on 26 October and the final decision
>will be taken by early December."  Just looked at the UN GA webcast
>site http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/webcast/c/general-assembly.html and
>it looks like yesterday they talked about "the culture of peace," which
>is item 15 on the agenda.  IGF renewal is part of item 17, "Information
>and communications technologies for development"  to be considered by
>the second committee.  So unless they're proceeding at a real snail's
>pace or out of sequence, one would think they might get to this sooner
>than next Tuesday.  Does anyone have current info

On Monday 25th, the GA webcast was covering item 113(b) Election of
Ecosoc Officers, and on Tuesday 26th item 41 (Cuba).

There's not an archived webcast for yesterday (Wed 27th) - either they
didn't sit, or they take a while to publish.

Today they are doing items in the 70's (International Justice issues).

What we need is a running order (or whatever their term for that is).

Is it possible that some of the debates are taking place in side-rooms?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org