[governance] RE: Guidance sought on CSTD nominations and

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Oct 24 10:34:10 EDT 2010

In message
<AANLkTikHQ_i7r+gUxgGP98mSvx_5iC6f8byzPMyXPXE=@mail.gmail.com>, at
09:30:30 on Sun, 24 Oct 2010, Mawaki Chango <kichango at gmail.com> writes
>If CSTD wanted to have nominees from structures such as ISOC or IETF as
>stakeholder groups, those structures are even more formally organized
>than us and I'm sure CSTD would have just sent them a request directly

Apparently not. The chair of this CSTD Working Group announced in
Vilnius that he would only be asking three stakeholder groups:
Government, Private Sector and Civil Society.

Of course, there is some crossover between these and what is generally
understood to be the "Internet Technical Community" (simplifying a
little: the people who design and operate the Internet).

For example, while I have been a member of this list for perhaps three
years, I have also stuck my head round the door while the ICANN NCUC has
been meeting, and have clients in both the core ITC (RIPE NCC) and
within Civil Society (a charity currently helping mainly female victims
of online harassment).

I've also attended the main CSTD sessions for the last two years, as
well as every IGF prep and main meeting, ever. And live about an hour,
by air, from Geneva. But there are some complications regarding putting
myself forward in the context of these nominations.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org