[governance] IGC Nominations to CSTD

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sat Oct 23 15:52:00 EDT 2010

Folks,

The Nomcom for CSTD nominations and some other tasks has now been formed,
and I have taken on the role of the chair for our first task. The other
members are Qusai Al-Shatti, Gurumurthy K, Hempal Shrestha, and Jacquiline
Morris.

Right now - and in a next to impossible timeframe of less than a week from
now - we have to select the IGC nominees to CSTD. I will post here any
further information as it comes to hand, but our request - informally - is
for a slate of about 10 candidates. I will write about an issue here
separately to et some input from the list.

The list of candidates we have from the recent ballot and questionaire -
excluding those who are members of the nomcom and have withdrawn their
nominations - is

Jeremy Malcolm
Tim McGinnis
Anupam Agrawal
Rafik Dammak
Mohamed Zahran
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
Jamil Goheer
Wolfgang Kleinwächter
Imran Ahmed Shah
AHM Bazlur Rahman
William J. Drake
Izumi Aizu
Jeanette Hofmann
Ginger Paque
Michael Gurstein
Divina Frau-Meigs
Baudouin Schombe
Fearghas McKay
Hakikur Rahman
Solomon Gizaw
Fouad Bajwa
Kwasi Adu-Boahen Opare
Pascal Bekono
Milton L. Mueller
Vittorio Bertola
Shahzad Ahmad
Katitza Rodriguez
Julian Casasbuenas G -
Hong Xue
Hanane Boujemi
Jeremy Hunsinger
Vivek Misra
Marília Maciel
Tracy Hackshaw
Gurumurthy K
Parminder Jeet Singh

If you are on this list and no longer wish to be considered, please advise
within 24 hours so we can finalise the slate by writing to
nomcom at igf-online.net

If you would like to be added to this list as a late candidate for
consideration, please also write to nomcom at igf-online.net within 24 hours

And finally - as not all nomcom members know all the candidates, we invite
all nominees to send some brief information about themselves and their
suitability to represent IGC - again to nomcom at igf-online.net. We would
prefer this within 24 hours - but as long as it is received within 48 hours
it will be abe to be considered by the nomcom.

Apologies for the great haste - this was always going to be a very difficult
deadline to meet and we will do our best in the circumstances.

Ian Peter

     governance at lists.cpsr.org