RES: [governance] Appreciation and thanks to IGC members

Vanda UOL vanda at uol.com.br
Sun Oct 3 14:20:25 EDT 2010

Hope we keep in touch..

All the best

Vanda Scartezini

Polo Consultores Associados

IT Trend

Alameda Santos 1470 – 1407,8

01418-903 São Paulo,SP, Brasil

Tel + 5511 3266.6253

Mob + 55118181.1464

De: Ginger Paque [mailto:gpaque at gmail.com]
Enviada em: sábado, 2 de outubro de 2010 08:37
Para: 'governance at lists.cpsr.org'
Assunto: [governance] Appreciation and thanks to IGC members

Thanks for the lovely words to me as outgoing co-coordinator. But even more,
thank you for the opportunity to work with all of you as IGC co-coordinator.
I accepted the responsibility with trepidation, but found it was a very
rewarding, constructive learning process. I found the membership more
supportive, and more importantly, more forgiving than I expected--strong
points for our future. A co-coordinator's success depends on the members'
work, and I thank you all for your ideas, thoughts, patience and support
during the last two years.

Ian was an ideal co-coordinator to learn from and again I thank him for his
patient guidance and example.

During these two years we have overcome some low points, and matured during
the process. Our future discussions, work, and insistence will help turn
ideas into concrete action both within the IGC (reviewing membership,
charter and voting, etc.) and in the IG/IGF process. Jeremy's energy and
expertise will actively implement those projects, if timely input builds a
consensus on their direction.

The current discussions bode well for action by the IGC. I also urge
everyone to actively work in the IGC with Jeremy and our new co-coordinator
in improving the IG and IGF processes in the different fora that are
available to us. In particular, I suggest that we move towards more active
and visible support of the work of our members and their organizations when
appropriate.

Gracias, thank you, merci,
Ginger

--

Ginger (Virginia) Paque
IGCBP Online Coordinator

The latest from Diplo...
http://DISCUSS.diplomacy.edu is a space for discussing ideas and concepts
from Diplo’s teaching and research activities. Our activities focus on three
main areas: Internet governance, diplomacy, and global governance. In
September, we DISCUSS: a) network neutrality: hype and reality, b) the IGF
experience: what can policy makers learn from the IGF, and c) the history of
the Internet. Let us know if you have suggestions about ideas and concepts
that should be discussed.