[governance] Criterion for charter voting

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:49:16 EDT 2010

Conflict of interpretations? That happens. As far as I can remember, what
you call "not correct... interpretation" was the idea at the moment of
drafting the charter. Is it then an "interpretation" like any other? I don't
know, I'm not a lawyer. Can it be wrong from certain perspective? Of course,
it can (just as it can be right from some other people's perspective.) And
again, I'm sure there are effective ways to address those tensions you see
'within and without' the charter. But until then, it is the charter we have,
our charter to all of us --the outcome of a democratic process (which, most
certainly, does not make it a perfect product.)

Mawaki