[governance] Additional points for tomorrow's CSTD consultation meeting

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue Nov 23 06:48:14 EST 2010

Here is my crude draft statement/comment for tomorrow's CSTD consultation
meeting, in addition to the questionnaire already submitted, and I plan to
distribute the copies there.

Below is sort of sketchy draft of points I propose.

----
As the addition to the answer to the questionnaire:

IGC would like to emphasize the importance of keeping and enhancing
the secretariat functions of the past five years as follows:

Keep the Multi-stakeholder approach in line with Tunis agenda for all
exercises of IGF,
- In the organizing of the IGF meeting, MAG and Consultation meetings,
- pay attention to the balance of all stakeholders

Keep the open and inclusive approach:
- Receive and encourage the participation from all stakeholders from
all different
 parts of the world, gender balance, youth, giving no privileges to
any particular group or stakeholders.

- Give equal weight to all stakeholders (when making operational
decisions) – governments, private sector,
civil society, technical and academic communities, and IGOs.

Keep all meetings open and transparent – full use of webcast, audio,
video and transcripts
 and other online tools in IGF meeting as well as all consultation
and MAG meetings.

Keep (enhance?) its independence from the influence of financial donors.

Please add your comments and suggestions,

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org