AW: [governance] Consensus Call for CSTD IGF Questionnaire -

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 09:12:21 EST 2010

All,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the idea of a Global Internet Council would be a possible way

to kill the goose that lays the Golden Eggs? that's the outcome I fear.

> to counter the groups that are trying to weaken the IGF

Can we name some names please? I know of no groups trying to weaken
the IGF, granted, I'm not that close to it, but if you name some
names, then we have a list to crosscheck against those who have
contributed financially to see if this allegation holds water.

> association on the Internet actually accumulate together to form the
> possible means for its governance and this brings us to the very
> initial paradox that how will and should the Internet be governed

It is my contention that the Internet SHOULD NOT be governed.  Instead
we have shared norms of how to behave online...like no top-posting (4
top posts in a row on this thread) and trimming our mails.  Can we get
back to polite netiquette please?

--
Cheers,

McTim