[governance] <important> Consensus Call for CSTD IGF Questionnaire

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:41:16 EST 2010

I was writing some comments about the second draft when I received your
e-mail. Unfortunately I have been traveling during the past days and have
not been able to engage on this dicussion.

Despite the fact that there are issues I would like us to be more strong or
more specific, I generally agree with this proposal.

Thank you Izumi for coordinating the debate.

Marilia

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> wrote:

> Dear list,
> Thank you for the comments on the 2nd Draft and here I made a few
> changes according to the comments. As this is our [rough] consensus
> text,* I have deleted the ones which received explicit
> objections/disagreement.*
>
> We need to know how many do support this final draft, how many
>  are not happy with it with specific comments or reasons if any.
>
> Unfortunately, because I have not mastered how to create the online poll
> and Jeremy is not reachable at the moment, I would like to put
> the portions with changes below, attached the Word file for the
> full version, and call for Consensus.
>
> *Please reply to this thread.*
>
> As the deadline is Friday, Nov 19, that's tomorrow already here in Tokyo,
> we many not be able to wait for the full 48 hours, but hope it is Ok with
> you
> this time.
>
> Thank you for your support and understanding.
>
> izumi
>
> ----------------
>
> 1. What do you consider the most important achievements of the first five
> IGF meetings?
>
> IGF created the space for dialogue by *all* stakeholders in an open,
> inclusive manner. Th*is*ese emergence and development of the multistakeholder
> principle and practice are perhaps the biggest contribution IGF has
> achieved so far. It helped many participants to understand the issues of
> their interest, as well as to understand how other actors understand, act
> and accept their issues. Emergence of Regional and National IGF with
> multistakeholder approach is another achievement.* *
>
> * We also note that there are frustrations expressed that IGF process has
> not directly produced real tangible outcomes.*
> 9.Do you have any other comments?
>
> *IGF must focus exclusively on public policy and governance issues. It
> should avoid providing standard educational workshops where some experts
> explain how to implement certain technologies or how these technologies
> work.*
>
> --------

Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade
FGV Direito Rio