[governance] Result of Enhanced Cooperation statement poll

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sun Nov 14 19:35:19 EST 2010

The proposed IGC statement on enhanced cooperation received a rough consensus of 43 statements of support in the poll, and two against.  Today is when we have to submit the statement (though at the moment the UNPAN Web site it down).  A list of those who participated in the poll will go up on our Web site under "statements" in the next few days.

The next question is concerning the consultation on enhanced cooperation on 14 December.  Will it go ahead?  Will there be any more scope for civil society participation?  Who will be the representative of civil society who is to summarise our statements?  All these questions are unanswered, but I will try to find out the answers soon.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.