[governance] FINAL? DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Nov 11 10:18:44 EST 2010

On 11 Nov 2010, at 09:34, parminder wrote:

> We are just asking to get developing countries also on to such / similar frameworks. You  in essence are saying this is not required. And I can not understand your justification for this.

Not sure I am saying that.

I agree with wording that supporting such things when appropriate.

I think the work in the OECD can be matched by work in other international bodies, perhaps a CIS based effort  or a G77 based effort. I don't know whether they would be open to an approach similar to what is possibly going on the OECD, but I think it might be appropriate - not for me to say.

What I do think (avoiding that word believe - though i think all thought is essentially belief based) is necessary is that the open, accountable, transparent and inclusive process should first be applied to every existing group that is out there making policy that may or may not affect IG, before creating any new centralized overarching entities.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org