[governance] It's Time to Stop ICANN's Top-Level Domain (TLD)

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:17:17 EDT 2010

We are living with an address space that is gearing up for
colonization and private control ;o) very true Olivier with your
clarification.

The issue of information brokers and intermediaries also come into
play here where certain neospaces (new colonies of information) may
actually not require this addressing if all of it just went into one
space or one colony:

1. www.education.google
2. www.health.google.
3. www.news.google
4. www.mail.google
5. www.school.google
6. www.4G.google
7. www.andriod.google
8. www.earth.google
9. www.broadband.google

Numbers and machine language on the network would never have been easy
for the simple users of the Internet to memorize. That remains the
base of the addressing system, address yourself on the Internetwork!
But, the growth, expansion and development of the Internetwork really
is beyond ICANN and may be the bend towards new gTLDs is something
being enforced on it so capitalist control of information and
knowledge can happen through network colonization.

The real governance of the network is currently perceived to be
enforceable by governments where as content development and
distribution remains in the hands of entities beyond governments and
in location where legal jurisdictions vary and no common or universal
litigation instruments exist. Where certain do, they exist in
neospaces developed by certain powerful governments and attempts are
usually made through trade and industry IPR instruments to enforce
such things but still can't be applicable to everyone.

-- Best

Fouad

     governance at lists.cpsr.org