[governance] Very neutral statement on enhanced cooperation

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Nov 4 04:48:34 EDT 2010

In message <AANLkTikONmgaa+4rO+uZkAv4YrPDfSV4aP9YKk_=Lgox at mail.gmail.com
>, at 14:18:00 on Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> writes

>First, I believe we need to conclude our statement and deliver to
>UN DESA/ECOSOC  by Nov. 15, 10 more days, and then this
>will be used at the CSTD consultation meeting on Nov 24 in
>Geneva. Am I correct?

1) I think the Enhanced CoOperation consultation input due on 15th
November is for the New York ECOSOC meeting on 14th December (the one
with limited space for non-Government attendees).

http://www.unpan.org/dpadm/wsisfollowup/

2) As far as I know, the online questionnaire which was predicted in the
"Tentative Roadmap", ahead of the informal CSTD IGF-WG open consultation
meeting on November 24th in Geneva (which is not the first formal
meeting for which ten representatives were recently chosen, that meeting
is in December adjacent to the CSTD Intersessional Panel 15-17th
December in Geneva), has not yet appeared.

<http://www.unctad.org/Templates/Download.asp?docid=14030&lang=1&intItem
ID=4839>

3) In the mean time there's a separate online questionnaire about WSIS
(due by 14th December):

http://www.unctad.info/en/CSTD_WSIS5

... which makes some efforts to distance itself from the other two
exercises above:

        "Please also note that a separate consultation is being
        undertaken by CSTD in relation to the Internet Governance Forum,
        and that a consultation on other outcomes of that section of the
        Tunis Agenda for the Information Society which is concerned with
        “Internet governance” (paragraphs 29-82) is being undertaken by
        UNDESA.  You should make any comments on these issues within
        those consultations rather than in response to this
        questionnaire."

ps It's going to be busy in early December, also with the final results
of IGF renewal emerging from the UN General Assembly.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org