[governance] SECOND DRAFT suggested statement on MAG's future

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri May 7 06:40:48 EDT 2010

On 6 May 2010, at 03:16, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> Maybe a step forward (regardless of the reception of your idea on this list) would be for you to post it as an individual as an input to the May open consultation and MAG meeting.

Hi,

I just wanted to point out that there not really a consultation in May, but rather a two day planning meeting which will be focused on planning for the program and the workshops.   This is intended as a open working session like last years planning meeting.

On the third day, there will be a meeting of the MAG which I believe is open but which will not really be a consultation - its structure is up to the chair and MAG to decide at the time.  I expect it to be more like a MAG meeting then a consultation.

While there may be some time for a few statements, I don't know yet, the best way to make sure the IGC's points get made is to have some of the MAG members who are also IGC members champion the proposal (or at least bring it up) within the MAG.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org