[governance] how about this... M$ preaching for world governance

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Tue Mar 16 07:29:14 EDT 2010

The M$ operating system is intrinsically vulnerable by original design
-- the strict interdependency between the GUI applications and the OS
kernel make it impossible to mend. But M$ is not dumb -- my vision is
that they wanted it to be so to build a giant dependency between
consumers and the company regarding updates, luring them to purchase
upgrades and so on, using this to control their near monopoly on
proprietary OS licencing, while the OS package continues to be as prone
to attacks as it was in the first Window$ versions. Their OS's technical
project was conceived on purpose to be vulnerable.

Systems' kernels such as Linux, BSD (on which Mac OSX is based), and
Solaris are entirely independent from their GUI applications, and is one
of the main reasons which makes them far more reliable and secure.

M$ is the big one to blame regarding responsibilities for network
vulnerabilities, and now they want to restrict the Internet so that
someone else copes with their amazing failures. Fantastic!

--c.a.

wildguydujour at me.com wrote:
>> yeah they are not on the side of the angels...they have started what seems to be a multipronged campaign in recent weeks.
>
> The irony of Microsoft promoting an Internet Driver's Licence and world Internet security response organization is that 95% of the security issues on the Internet would appear to stem from their lack of security architecture for their operating systems.  DDoS attacks and Spam operations have made botnets their tool of choice, and it's only Microsoft's impotent windows security model that have made viruses and botnets viable.
>
> -WG

Carlos A. Afonso
CGI.br (www.cgi.br)
Nupef (www.nupef.org.br)