[governance] Parminder's exchange with Bertrand

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Thu Mar 4 03:40:45 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 04:23:53PM +0800, Jeremy Malcolm (jeremy at ciroap.org) wr
> On 04/03/2010, at 1:45 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> > 3. how many CS organizations are nothing but receptacles for money
> > generated either by govt or by business?

> Almost all of them, I guess.

But only almost! I can claim Effi as an exception, as we
receive money from neither government nor businesses.

(Our funding comes from membership fees, individual donations
and T-shirt sales. I don't claim we'd unconditionally reject
donations from businesses should it come to that, but so
far none has been offered nor have we solicited any.
As for the government, money flows to the opposite
direction as we pay taxes for our meagre T-shirt sales.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen
     governance at lists.cpsr.org