[governance] Parminder's exchange with Bertrand

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Wed Mar 3 07:31:32 EST 2010

Why not replace the horrible word "multistakeholderism" with
"pluralism"? We would always complement it with (or contrapose it to)
"multilateralism", and there are one-word translations in most
languages, I guess.

An anglicism which is also a neologism in English, and on top of it is
an horrible word, frankly... where are the Germans, the French, sacré bleu?

--c.a.

Avri Doria wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2010, at 23:42, Parminder wrote:
>
>> Unless those arguing for MS-ism as the basic new governance form clearly articulate a response to this question, it is difficult to go any further in this discussion.
>

> I would argue for it, but it does not seem worth doing so in this antagonistic atmosphere.  When I find a nice calm situation where I can spend several months working out a clear articulation that would withstand the aggressive squeeze play attack of Milton & Parminder, I will get back to you.  For now I will declare that for me, it is a pragmatic matter of realizing it is the only game in town.
>
> I repeat myself when i say that I think you risk the only chance civil society has of having any real participation in Internet governance if you and Milton succeed in muddying the waters on multistakeholder Internet governance.
>
> a.

Carlos A. Afonso
CGI.br (www.cgi.br)
Nupef (www.nupef.org.br)