[governance] [5 of 6] How best to link with regional meetings?

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 25 09:06:30 EDT 2010

Jeremy,
I know you are working on specifics and your diligence and trudging is appreciated. I digress to the larger picture that is almost like the orange* elephant in the corner of the room.Yesterday we got word of some GAC in the ICANN developments. see Miltons: http://blog.internetgovernance.org/blog/_archives/2010/6/23/4560694.html
What
 this discussion must address is not just our or a MAG's desire for inclusion and exclusion but the ratification of governments and/or their antagonism.  The mere words of the
 organization under which we labor in this task is United Nations and this must be kept at the forefront of our process. This is not to say blind abeyance. This is to say - Respectful Interface and the fostering of our Universal Rights in a way that promotes
 accomplishment rather than division. From the inside to the outside we must be aware that attraction is far more useful than mandate or persuasion.
*a little different than the proverbial pink elephant