[governance] Re: [bwg+] An important discussion o free expression at the ICANN meeting

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 23 15:00:22 EDT 2010

We are not to take this mixing of different systems into one mold lightly.  Within the differences and distinctions lies critical understanding and perhaps subterfuge.  If the legal beagles can convince the politicos and policy makers and legislatures they are the same then much can be taken without rational relation to the interests of State.  It is said "He who defines the issue wins"*

World Wide Web and Internet Infrastructure must be treated with reasonable respect as having their own qualities. We see this same creepy crawly definitional overbroad application nowadays with Patent and Copyright and Trademark being applied to all categories rather than the specific for which application and permission and "rights" were granted. (I think I saw a Burger King objection to King of Torts - as Torts can be confused with Tortas, tortelleni and tarts -- clearly confusing ??? yikes)

I concur that the writing of the referenced article made me stop and think -- And that is the highest compliment a lowly man of my means can give to art and Intellectual property.

I cc Karl and Jefsey in redundancy and ask if they could lay person give us some insights on critical differences in the referenced complex systems.  This so I may pass it along with some credibility and understanding to my politicians, or what have I.

* Haddaway gets some credit for this term in the conceptual analysis of love.