[governance] curious note on nairobi and brussels...

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 4 13:18:20 EDT 2010

Truly Alfonso,

This lesson is one good to be reiterated for the Internet.  Security comes from within the user.  Dangers abound everywhere, for old most likely in their bathroom, for young most likely in an auto or cyclo.  Regions or cyber regions like XXX will always be present.  Some regions will have political agendas attached to the security and just as well the danger.  Terror is not to destroy a thing or even a life.  It is to effect the living.

I am not saying it is truth but perhaps when we were warned we simply paid better attention, then because it was shiny and new and "civilized" we let down our guard.  Perhaps we were directly effected by the "state" warnings.  Perhaps our own prejudices made us comfortable.  In our physical, spiritual and cyber lives there is danger.  The danger is not only to our purse or bolsa but to our freedom.  Trudging is to walk with purpose.  The purpose for our walk in freedom is as fragile as our purse. Fear is the greatest inhibitor of freedom. Bad shit happens but we must trudge with eternal vigilance to protect our freedoms. Sometimes just suiting up and showing up is all that is needed or can be asked, and it is powerful indeed.

It is inside you that the Freedom to attend these meetings resides.  It is your vigilance that protects you while traveling. Do not rely upon Governance to maintain either.