[governance] < 24 hours remaining to vote YES + thematic working

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:03:49 EST 2010

same as Ian yes

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

> [...]
> form its outputs take, efforts should be taken to ensure that they are
> transmitted to relevant external institutions through appropriate
> mechanisms.
>
> Similarly, attention must be given to the effectiveness of the IGF's
> intersessional work program, which is currently limited to open
> consultations, MAG meetings, dynamic coalition meetings, and loosely
> connected national and regional meetings.  In particular, there should be a
> better mechanism than at present for these other groups and meetings to
> present their outputs to the IGF as a whole.  This would require the IGF to
> set more stringent standards for such groups and meetings, including open
> membership, democratic processes, and perhaps multi-stakeholder
> composition.
>
> [The MAG should also organize thematic working groups to develop background
> material, IGF discussion synthesis etc on major themes selected to be taken
> up by the IGF.]
>
> We thank you for the opportunity to present you with these thoughts, which
> reflect a "rough consensus" of our several hundred members from civil
> society.  We look forward to continuing to constructively engage with and
> participate in the IGF over the course of its renewed term.
>
> About the IGC
>
> The IGC is an association of individuals in civil society, with a wide
> spread of geographic and gender representation, who are actively engaged in
> internet governance and the IGF. Formed during the lead up to the World
> Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), our mission is to promote global
> public interest objectives in Internet governance policy making. It now
> comprises more than 400 individual subscribers to its mailing list, who
> have
> subscribed to its Charter.  More about our coalition can be found at
> http://www.igcaucus.org.
> --
> Jeremy Malcolm
> Project Coordinator
> Consumers International
> Kuala Lumpur Office for Asia Pacific and the Middle East
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
> Malaysia
> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
> CI is 50
> Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in
> 2010.
> Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer
> rights around the world.
> http://www.consumersinternational.org/50
> <http://www.consumersinternational.org/50>
>
> Read our email confidentiality notice
> <
> http://www.consumersinternational.org/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeID=100521&
> int1stParentNodeID=89765<http://www.consumersinternational.org/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeID=100521&%0Aint1stParentNodeID=89765>>
> . Don't print this email unless necessary.

- - - - -
Disclaimer:  Individual post.
LDMF.
Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff
> 914 769 3652
> law /  computing / humanities:

For identification only:

> Founder/Director *Respectful Interfaces*;
> Member, Board, Secretary (Officer) - Communications Coordination Committee
for the
> U.N.;
> World Education Fellowship;
> Member Committees on disability, aging, health, values, development;
> President, National Disability Party (NDP); Steering Seat, International
Disability Caucus;
> Persons with Pain Intl., co-founded with Carol J. Levy;
> ICT multiple decades;
> Other affiliations on Request.
>
> n.b.:

> -  You are welcome to join *Respectful Interfaces.* The *Respectful
> Interfaces* Coda is: "Achieving Dialogue While Cherishing Diversity" (ask
> about event or continuing leadership interning).

> - Communication, Cooperation and Collaboration are core values of the
CCC/UN.

P.S. While still in initial development -  you are welcome to visit the
startup (not yet with alternative text or captioning) *Respectful
Interfaces* website  - in order to browse, make requests, join in, and send
suggestions to  respectful.interfaces at gmail.com.  To sample *respectful
Interfaces* as an enterprise framework, with references to CCC/UN and WEF,
click here:
http://wp.me/PFqR6-K