AW: [governance] Consensus call on IGC statement: please respond

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri Jan 29 05:43:20 EST 2010

On 29/01/2010, at 6:36 PM, Parminder wrote:

> Since you have in any case opened the field I think it will be best to redo the statement a bit, without adding anything controversial. Getting a good statement may be a more important imperative. And we do still have time. We have closed statements later than this previously.
>
> I suggest - you remove the part on 'innovative contributions' reg MAG, since there was always enough controversy regarding it for it not to be there in first place....

Like others, I cannot fathom how this suggests support for the disbandment of the MAG.  For now I am going to leave the consensus call open.  Once it closes Ginger and I can post any final suggested changes to the list for comment to see if anyone objects.

> and add, two substantive themes - development agenda and HR - for IGF Vilnius.... these are our long standing demands....

Others have pointed out that these belong in a separate statement, and I agree.  I don't think we need to draft a long, formal statement and make a consensus call on it, since we already have a long-standing consensus to promote these themes.  But let's start a separate thread.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.