[governance] IGC statement FINAL VERSION

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Thu Jan 28 10:01:16 EST 2010

I also echo Sivasubramanian's ITU concerns.

> "...	We do not see any benefit to the IGF in moving underneath a different
UN
> body such as the ITU. ..."

The line is too-weak and apprehensive, They (the Powers to be) will simply 'not
address it' and let it pass over. It must be a more defined Stated-Position.

Per Siva: (I massaged it alittle)
" We are opposed to any 'enhanced role' for the ITU in convening the IGF"

Also support the Statement for Position, for Oral Argument (Our advocacy) at
the MAG Table.

Now is the TIME , Lets be PREPAREed, In a Post IGF World: The ITU will
assimilate the Advocacy-Space we now enjoy.
Statements already made by the ITU Chair, have positioned themselves for that
assimilation. As a consequence of that ... we must respond and address a
Position.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org