[governance] Net Neutrality

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at datos-personales.org
Thu Jan 21 08:07:54 EST 2010

Parminder:

You are right!

(old news but pertinent to the discussion)

EPIC has signed on to a letter from Public Knowledge to the Federal
Communications Commission supporting the FCC's decision to begin
public proceedings on preserving an open internet. EPIC joins many
other public interest groups who have also expressed support for the
FCC's initiative. The FCC's proceedings will focus on proposed
rulemaking policies that would preserve open internet. EPIC favors the
general principles of "network neutrality" and has called on the FCC
to preserve privacy safeguards against measures that Internet Service
Providers may use to limit access to the internet. For more
information, see also EPIC Deep Packet Inspection

http://epic.org/2009/10/public-knowledge-epic-other-pu.html