[governance] the matter of MAG rotation 2010

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Jan 18 05:50:29 EST 2010

>On 18/01/2010, at 5:52 PM, William Drake wrote:
>
>>Could you help me to understand your concerns
>>here?  Which important decisions exactly have
>>been made without reference to the MAG?
>>

>A couple of examples that spring to mind are,
>from the last meeting, the selection of speakers
>for the "Taking Stock" session,

The taking stock session was the responsibility
of UN DESA, on behalf of the Secretary General.
My understanding is it was not a MAG process and
had never been presented as such.  Think it was
always the responsibility of DESA, probably
announced at the September meeting, perhaps our
MAG members could confirm?

Thanks,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org