[governance] IGC statement REVISION 2.0: Para one

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Sun Jan 17 08:57:04 EST 2010

> We are working here towards upholding human rights on the Internet....

Katitza / McTIm,

First; "I belive" ... that there is quite a bit more diversity in this Group
(the IGC / this List) than those whom are Stakeholders in "human rights on the
Internet" issues.
Second, although I hold a small (or an associated) concern in regards to
Internet-Human-Rights via the development of Social Contracts [K],
I feel that this List has been 'steered' (almost hyjacked) into the
Internet-Human-Rights issue, as now it is the List's Mandate.
I resent that, this List used to be open to all concepts of Internet
governance, and stood to address a diversity of interest.

Third; In the immediate Thread [IGC statement REVISION 2.x], I feel the issue
should 'make a Statement' in regards to the ITU and the possible/speculative
'Pronouncements' it will make upon the "ITU pushed
WSIS Forum in May 2010 and the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference in October " as
Wolfgang* has in formed and accurately forewarned this List.

The ITU *will* absorbe the space which the IGC creates, upon the event a power
vacume is manufactured by the ending of the IGF. The ITU will position itself
and  make such a Declaration (Center of IG Governance) of Power.

It needs to be addressed and countered, at this time (in this Statement).

-

* Wolfgang Kleinwächter