[governance] IGC statement Para 2 REVISION 2.x

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 01:28:24 EST 2010

All,

In my initial spreadsheet, I did NOT count the Internet Technical
community folk as CS, even tho many of them are on the IGC list.  When
I have done these spreadsheets in the past, some have objected to the
notion of ITC folk counting as CS.

As most of you know, I DO count them as CS, so this second sheet does
that.  By this analysis, CS and govt representation is roughly
equivalent, and the PS gets the short end of the stick.

I am assuming that many of the folk on the MAG that I have counted as
ITC are on the IGC list.  I leave it as an exercise for the
coordinators, who have a list of those subscribed, to compare MAG
members to list subscribers.

NB: Not all CS MAG members may be IGC subscribers, but if I understand
our charter well, ALL list subscribers who are on the MAG should be
considered CS members.

I think I have reached my quota for the day.

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org