[governance] WG: Concern for the future of civil society re IGF

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sat Jan 16 11:25:43 EST 2010

In message <4B51CBC7.80206 at itforchange.net>, at 19:53:03 on Sat, 16 Jan
2010, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> writes
>Jeremy never said there *was* rough consensus. He only proposed a rough
>consensus.

I can see what might be confusing. In his draft statement, Jeremy said:

        "We thank you for the opportunity to present you with these
        thoughts, which reflect a "rough consensus" of our several
        hundred members from civil society, with a wide spread of
        geographic and gender representation."

But obviously, until that draft statement is agreed, and becomes a final
statement, the list hasn't reached that consensus yet.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org