[governance] the matter of MAG rotation 2010

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:59:18 EST 2010

I agree with Parminder. The MAG is as relevant as its members want (and
strive for) it to be. Just like the IGF, the MAG has room for improvement
and I believe we should collective put pressure for these improvements to
happen if the mandate is renewed.

There are several issues that the MAG could become involved with. In the
Remote Participation Working Group´s taking stocks document, we suggest a
more proactive role of the MAG in remote participation. Putting in place
remote participation is a huge task and it definitely needs multistakeholder
involvement. The MAG would have an important role to play, if the body
wishes to do it.

For now, the extension of the mandate + holding MAG meetings seems like the
best option.

Best regards
Marília

Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade