[governance] Parminder's exchange with Bertrand

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Wed Feb 24 11:36:56 EST 2010

IMO

For me the issue is:

"multi-stakeholderism"* and the character of their respective "Lobbyists", and
upon how those Lobbyist play within modalities, is wherein I find the trouble
with multi-stakeholderism, ... the Lobbyists represenation factor.

This is where the process(es) of multi-stakeholderism breakdown for the me as
an Individual. This is where my ascertains allie with Milton's** ascertains of
Individual representation as the Supranational Jurisdiction at the root-base of
the governance system, " in a system in favor of Direct Democracy - vs./over -
Representative Democracy within its social contract." ***

-

* [per Bertrand]
Includes together the two notions of : "stakeholders" and "stakeholders groups"

** Re: [per Milton, via Bertrand]

This leads to a better understanding of "multi-stakeholderism". In this
context, Milton actually presents a very valid vision, up to the last bit of
the paragraph  :
MS is at best a transitional phase implying a motion from purely
intergovernmental toward a more open, democratic forms of global governance. In
this progression, we need to have a clearer idea of what the end point is - and
MS is not it. In a world of perfect global governance the artificial division
of society into "estates" such as "government, business and civil society" no
longer exists; it is the individual that matters.

*** [per Yehuda]
     governance at lists.cpsr.org