[governance] Re: [cccun] *op ed query*: Do reactions to privacy and identityissues vary with age? New lawsuit from West Coast netizens v. the big G.?.

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 21 11:16:42 EST 2010

Linda and James,

We are quick in our minds to give definition and to classify. It helps us in basic cognitive thought.  But sometimes words have an "aura" within themselves. Cyber is just such a combination of letters. Some words conjur. Usually it takes a string of words. So a word/suffix/prefix/adjective/noun... Like Cyber is very special. Usually the meaning of the word gives understanding --- perhaps sometimes words give imagination. If we put too fine a point of definition on such a word perhaps it is like caging the Phoenix.

Clearly I give too much respect to words,,,, but then again, by using them I can bring peace or war or tears or laughter and best of all love.