AW: [governance] REVISION 3 Draft statement to UNSG on bypassing

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Thu Feb 18 07:06:01 EST 2010

No Yrjö, this should be very underlined. Refering to governments and other stakeholders - (private sector, technical community?) would give the statement more power. If we just articulate us ourselves as CS this will be widely ignored by the UN burocracy. Unfortunately this is the fact. I remember it was the joint CS/PS statement in Geneva in September 2005 which finally convinced Ambassador Kahn to continue the negotiations in the plenary (with non governmental stakeholders in the room) instead of creating a negotaition group of govenrments which would have excluded CS and others.