WARNING - FRAUD - Re: [governance] Sad News

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:32:09 EST 2010

Norbert

I am fascinated by your emails!

First you assure us (in a different email) that the email address has been
stolen. Now you tell us that in a similar case, people sent $4,000.00 to the
scammer pleading help.How do you know?

And by way, the guy was asking for only GBP 750 (US$ 1,120) - why did your
friends send him US$ 4,000?

Rui

On 9 February 2010 21:00, Norbert Klein <nhklein at gmx.net> wrote:

> This is almost the exact wording a friend of mine got recently - it was
> a fraud - but friendly people had sent already all together over
> US$4,000 to a Western Union dependency, and before the problem could be
> clarified, the $4,000 had already been cashed.
>
> At that time, the criminals had got access to the password of the victim
> (and changed it), so that all mail to the victim did not go to the
> victim, but to the criminals who knew the situation and all the
> addresses in the address book of the victim, so they continued to
> correspond "nicely" and in a seemingly informed way. Which meant that
> not only $2,000, but even an additional $2,000 were sent, before the
> well-meaning friends could be warned - too late.
>
> Any e-mail to "khemakhem jamel" would at present probably go to the
> criminal, who will respond friendly, pretending that they are "khemakhem
> jamel"
>
> If anybody has a phone number of "khemakhem jamel" - please call soonest.
>

> Norbert Klein
> Phnom Penh/Cambodia
>
> khemakhem jamel wrote:
> > Am sorry i didn't inform you about my urgent trip to London, i don't
> > have much time on the PC here,so i have to brief you my present
> > situation which requires your urgent response actually, I had a trip
> > to London but unfortunately for me all my money got stolen at the
> > hotel where i lodged due to a robbery incident that happened in the
> > hotel.I had been so restless since last night because i have been
> > without any money moreover the Hotel's telephone lines here got
> > disconnected by the robbers and they are trying to get them fixed back
> > i have access to only email the library because my mobile cant work
> > here so i didn't bring it along,please i want you to help me with
> > money so please can you send me 850 Pounds or any amount you can
> > afford so when i return back i would refund it back to you as soon as
> > i get home,Am so confused right now and don't know what to do, I had
> > been to the embassy and they are currently looking into my case,Please
> > send the money through Western Union Money Transfer so i will get it
> > immediately its sent,i want you to please transfer the money as soon
> > as possible.Here is the details you need for the transfer below,
> >
> > Receivers Names: jameleddine khemakhem
> > Receivers Address: 328 Mile End Road
> > City- London
> > Country- UK
> > Zip Code- E1 4NS
> >
> > Please get back to me as soon as you have the money sent,once you are
> > done with the transfer just help me to scan a copy of the receipt
> > given to you by Western Union or help me to write out the Money
> > Transfer Control Number(MTCN)
> > I will be waiting for your help. Thank you so much,
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > jameleddine khemakhem
> >

> --
> If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
> [...]

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
Angola Liaison Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,