WARNING - FRAUD - Re: [governance] Sad News

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Tue Feb 9 14:00:45 EST 2010

This is almost the exact wording a friend of mine got recently - it was
a fraud - but friendly people had sent already all together over
US$4,000 to a Western Union dependency, and before the problem could be
clarified, the $4,000 had already been cashed.

At that time, the criminals had got access to the password of the victim
(and changed it), so that all mail to the victim did not go to the
victim, but to the criminals who knew the situation and all the
addresses in the address book of the victim, so they continued to
correspond "nicely" and in a seemingly informed way. Which meant that
not only $2,000, but even an additional $2,000 were sent, before the
well-meaning friends could be warned - too late.

Any e-mail to "khemakhem jamel" would at present probably go to the
criminal, who will respond friendly, pretending that they are "khemakhem
jamel"

If anybody has a phone number of "khemakhem jamel" - please call soonest.

Norbert Klein
Phnom Penh/Cambodia

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

The Prime Minister’s Anti-Corruption Declaration
Sunday, 7.2.2010

http://wp.me/p2Gyf-1hd
(to read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day: