OFFLIST:Re: [governance] Separate statement on themes for Vilnius

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Sat Feb 6 05:36:05 EST 2010

Not just architectural (which in itself is broader than just technical),
but also ethical and directly related to the right to communicate -- the
main reasons for bringing it to IGF as a main theme.

One of the ten "Principles for the Governance and Use of the Internet in
Brazil" formulated by CGI.br says: "Network neutrality -- Filtering or
traffic privileges must meet ethical and technical criteria only,
excluding any political, commercial, religious and cultural factors or
any other form of discrimination or preferential treatment."

--c.a.

--

Carlos A. Afonso
CGI.br (www.cgi.br)