[governance] IGC meeting 8 p.m. February 8th, GENEVA--with Skype

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Thu Feb 4 11:46:38 EST 2010

Hi

Sorry to  be sending a list of 400 details about a meeting of 15, but I don't have all the addresses etc.

Fouad, 8:30pm is no good, it's a brew pub and the place gets mobbed, they won't hold a big empty space that late, and anyway if people wander in then (the Geneva dinner hour, when everyone's ordering) we won't get food until 10pm.

The manager has confirmed a place for us at 7:30pm, hope folks can come more or less then so he doesn't get agitated.  Any cancellations please let Ginger or I know. Details again at http://www.les-brasseurs.ch/news/geneve/index.htm.

Thanks,

Bill

On Feb 3, 2010, at 9:05 PM, Fouad Bajwa wrote:

> Since the place is open till late, lets do the time around 8:30pm or
> 9:00pm if that's okay with everyone that way most of our colleagues
> will be able to make it like Wolfgang and so forth?
>
> 2010/2/3 "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang"
> <wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de>:
>> Will arrive around 11.00 p.m. lets see if still somebody is there.
>>
>> wolfgang
>>

>> ________________________________

>>> Fouad
>>> Hartmut
>>> Ginger
>>> Roland
>>> Carlos Afonso
>>> Bill Drake and Wife
>>> Parminder
>>> Katitza
>>> Milton (9 pm)
>>> Willie Currie
>>>

>>> William Drake wrote:
>>>
>>> We passed by the resto today and inquired, need to contact the manager when
>>> he's in tomorrow.  Past experiences have been that when we had a group of
>>> like 15 they gave us the whole room, but on other occasions when we had more
>>> like 10 they had us share the room with other big groups, which made
>>> conversation a bit more difficult.  So it would be very helpful to know for
>>> sure how many people we will have ASAP.
>>> Thanks,
>>> BIll
>>>
>>> On Feb 1, 2010, at 9:49 PM, Ginger Paque wrote:
>>>
>>> William Drake said:
>>>
>>> Les Brasseurs http://www.les-brasseurs.ch/news/geneve/index.htm is generally
>>> very crowded, could be even on a Monday night.  If you're thinking people
>>> will stand around at the bar drinking there's no problem, if you want to
>>> have a meeting and/or eat we'd need a head count and to reserve the room on
>>> the side as in years past, if available.
>>> So far we have 11 people confirmed for an IGC meeting on Monday evening,
>>> February 8th at Les-Brasseurs, across Rue de Lausanne from Cornavin.
>>>
>>> Can anyone else join us  for this planning session?  ( OC on Tuesday morning
>>> ) Please confirm to me by email offlist.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> gp

william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
www.graduateinstitute.ch/cig/drake.html