[governance] Phase 1 of improvements to the IGC Web site

Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google tracyhackshaw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 11:18:56 EST 2010

Avri is right ... the mailing list archives have always been available in
the public domain.

I guess now it would just be a little more obvious to all with the new
"socialized" approach.

Rgds ,

Tracy

On Dec 24, 2010 12:11 PM, "Avri Doria" <avri at acm.org> wrote:

Hi,

I think that the archive had been open to the world for many years.  Just as
subscribing to the list is open to everyone, even if they do not wish to be
members proper.

As a transparency maximalist, I would be sad to see either restricted.

Besides, closed lists are only security by obscurity anyway, as any member
of the list can forward/publish anything anytime they wish.  It is best to
remember (not that I always do myself):  before you send a message, be sure
you would be ok if you saw it posted on a bulletin board, or IGCleaks, for
all to see.

a.

    governance at lists.cpsr.org