[governance] Re: My note on CSTD IGF WG consultation Dec 17

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Dec 21 19:10:00 EST 2010

Bill Graham wrote:

>> And yes, let's have a list.  I could get one created @ ISOC.  What
>> criteria for membership?
>
> Hosted by ISOC will give some message, positive and negative,
> like any other organizations such as IGC or ICC (all starting with I
> and
> ending with C, so shall we invite IOC? ;-).

How about registering a domain as the first step towards establishing
a new umbrella organisation of all non-governmental participants in IG
- the "plan C" of which there has been talk. It could be this new
organisation that formally and publicly submits the list of 15 non-
governmental members to the CSTD working group (albiet made up of
5+5+5 selected by IGC, ICC and ISOC).

The new domain could be Council of Non-Governmental Stakeholders in
Internet Governance - CoNGSIG (congsig.org is available)... thoughts?

PS. Will endeavour to purge the governance list archives of accidental
ccs.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org