[governance] VS: Next Steps

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 11:19:27 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Sivasubramanian M <isolatedn at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is there a possibility of a WSIS III online?

To elaborate, is there a possibility that the Civil Society together with
International Organizations and all concerned non-Governmental Groups and
MSH friendly govenments  can organize a large online event on the scale and
scope of a WSIS, in the context of the present developments? This may not
necessarily be called a WSIS, but an event that could give shape to any
alternate plan that requires to be considered.

> Sivasubramanian M
>

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We need to map in our strategy the several boards we actually playing this
>> game, what is at stake, what are the actors and who can be our allies in
>> each one.
>>
>> I agree with Lee that we should not disregard the process of enhanced
>> cooperation when we plan our strategy for CTSD. Depending on how EC gains
>> shape, the IGF may become an empty forum, with reduced political meaning and
>> impact. The States that were MSH friendly now had this position for a
>> reason. Maybe they believe that by giving us a "bone" we will remain
>> occupied in CSTD and forget other fora... Or maybe they are actually giving
>> us something in CSTD to show their willingness to be allies at DESA-EC
>> discussions. If so, what are their interests regarding EC? Is partnership in
>> our best interest? That should all be considered.
>>
>> @Izumi and others that were Geneva, did the chair mention how and when the
>> 5 people from each stakeholder group will be chosen for CSTD WG?
>>
>> Marilia
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Shahzad Ahmad <shahzad at bytesforall.net>wrote:
>>
>>> Fully agreed.
>>>
>>> ...and who knows things may change for good in the near future and all
>>> the
>>> work can directly feed into the main ongoing process :)
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>> Shahzad

>>> summit. Before that we had tumultous debates about "input" and "impact"