[governance] Round III - 15 from non-gov stakeholders 5+5+5

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Fri Dec 17 14:40:46 EST 2010

Dear Lee

I would be happy to stick my head out but had to leave for the airport.
I had suggested the language 'be invited to join the working group...'
which was endorsed by the EU but that is now long gone.

We will need to see what they come up with and then APC will consult
with our members and decide whether to participate or not.

I personally feel that if we cannot participate in discussion and
formulation of text it is not worth it. We have made so many submissions
already. And so have others.

If the next stage does not allow us to discuss and debate the substance
of IGF improvements with governments, what is the point of spending time
and resources to write statements, submit them, and travel 10s of
thousands of kilometers to read them.

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director
association for progressive communications
www.apc.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org